Wednesday, April 20, 2011

bring on the wonder

I’ve been playing this song on repeat in the car for the last few days.  The song is about longing for the return of the beautiful and mysterious.  It explores how certain moments--going to the hills to watch the stars, feeling beach sand sink between our toes--have a way of reminding us of something that we've forgotten.  Ordinary moments pointing us to the extraordinary; orienting us to that which we so often slip by us without our knowing.

I like its Celtic sort of eeriness. 


.

This is the original version is by Susan Enan. It’s more acoustic and has drums, though it’s not quite as evocative as the first.

Enjoy!

Nik

3 comments:

  1. Great lyrics....definitely made me think of what I've let slip by without even realizing it. It's easy to get so caught up in "life "...in all that needs to "get done" that we miss the wonder and beauty that is before us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both versions of the song! It made me think of Blue Lake and all the memories we have as a family there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you both like it. I really like how it reminds us of different memories. I can really appreciate the Blue Lake connection, Auntie. Seems like a long time since we all did that as a family, hey?

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought? Share it below. I'd love to hear from you.