Here's my favorites from over the past year (not all are new). Some of them were full albums, some were just one song here or there. Enjoy!
(Right click link and choose Open in New Tab if you want to play the song and keep surfing the blog).
- Michael Bublé, Crazy Love, "Crazy Love" - Jazz/Big Band
- Ray Charles, The Best of Ray Charles, "Let It Be"- R&B/Soul/Blues | This song actually isn't from that album, but it's one of my favorites.
- John Mayer, Battle Studies, "Half of My Heart" (ft. Taylor Swift) - Pop/Rock
- Dave Matthews Band, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King, "Why I Am" - Rock/Funk
- Ray Lamontagne, "Trouble" and "Shelter" - Acoustic Singer/Songwriter
- Jack Johnson, Ocean, "You and Your Heart" - Acoustic/Reggae
- 30 Seconds to Mars, "Kings and Queens" - Alternative/Rock/Pop
- Eminem, "Not Afraid [Clean Version]" - Hip Hop/Rap | This song surprised me when I first heard it. It depicts his road to recovery and his change of mindset after having gone through rehab. Admittedly, it's not perfect, but there aren't a lot of songs in this genre that relay something hopeful, let alone handling family responsibilities.
- Gavin DeGraw, "In Love With a Girl"- Rock/Country
- Brett Dennen, "Ain't No Reason" - Folkrock/Indie/Pop
- Bebo Norman, Big Blue Sky, "Sons & Daughters" and "All That I Have Sown" - Folk/Pop
- Bebo Norman, Try, "I Am Nothing" - Folk/Pop
- Sanctus Real, "Lead Me" - Rock/Pop
- Andrew Peterson, "Dancing in the Mine Fields" - Folk/Rock
- Brooke Fraser, Flags, "Something in the Water" and "Flags"- Folk/Rock/Pop | The whole album is excellent--none of the songs sound the same: beautiful lyrics, great musicality. Sarah and her have very similar voices.
- Owl City, Ocean Eyes, specifically "Meteor Shower", and "Vanilla Twilight" - Electronica/Pop
- Coldplay, "Christmas Lights" - Alternative Pop/Rock
- Bebo Norman, Ocean, specifically "Everything I Hoped You'd Be" and "Remember Us" - Folk/Pop
What about you? Do you have certain songs that remind you of certain times or seasons?